A UE4 Stackable Inventory System Without Using Any Code
I recently began building a new RPG game using UE4. During the creation, I came up with a new stackable inventory system which I took from UE4 UMG inventory system and modified and added more features.
After weeks trying to look for a good inventory system, Id didn’t want to use something that would break if the UE4 system was updated. After those weeks looking around, I found most UE4 inventory system’s were:
- Extremely Confusing to Understand
- Demanded Large Experience in C++
- Not Able To Stack Items (Only 1 Item Per Slot)
- Not Able To Use The Items
- Not Able To Easily Add New Slots
- Not Scalable
- Not Including A Pickup Item System (To Add Dozens of Items Easily & Systematically)
- Extremely Confusing To Read (Did Not use Functions or Macros Correctly)
- Most Done By Using Code, Instead of Blueprints and Visual Scripting
- and other challenges…
I was curious if you, and others of the Indie Game Developers community would be interested in my new stackable inventory system for the Unreal Engine 4. I plan on creating a complete training platform for this stackable inventory system and cutting each segment of the process into small bite-sized videos, so you can always return to them if ever needing to re-use them.
Not only that, I plan on including the source code to create this system that is 100% using blueprints in UE4. That means no coding, it’s all done in visual scripting and neatly organized and commented to understand how it all works. It would take about a few days to organize the information, but if there is a need or want from you and community, I will be happy to get it set up for ya.
I put a video below explaining the system and how it works. If you are interested, please sign up below and I will send out an email to those developers who would like this as a product to use to build for their next game.
Sign Up Below If Interested In This System
[ois skin=”Indie Insights 1″]